Want more? Check out my blog archive or please visit the Jack Rabbit Freedom site.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Tofu Nugget Recipe

   I apologize to those who were waiting for the Tofu Nugget recipe. Here it is! A little later than promised, but that's because the first recipe I tried was terrible and I had to revise it. So,  I hope you enjoy my Tofu Nugget recipe (revised)

You will need:
Extra Firm Tofu (pressed to expel excess water and cut into nugget sized pieces...about 1"x 2")
Flour
Baking Powder
Garlic Powder
Cider Vinegar
Apple Juice
Water

   Take your apple juice and cider vinegar and mix about 2 parts juice to one part vinegar in a dish large enough to marinate all of your tofu. Put you pressed/cut tofu in the dish and leave it covered for a few hours.
   When the tofu is finished marinating take them out and dab dry your nugget's outside so the batter will stick to them better. Now make the batter. Take about a cup of flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and your garlic powder, mix them together. Add enough water to make a thick batter, thick enough to cling to the nuggets, but thin enough not to turn into a cake when we fry it. Throw your tofu nuggets into the batter and then deep fry them until golden brown. Make your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
  

**The tempura styled batter turns out much better than the dry battered recipe I tried first...MUCH BETTER! And don't forget to press your tofu, it helps give it a tougher consistency which is what you want when trying to make tofu imitate meat.

Hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know how you liked it and how I could make them better.

Also, help me keep bringing you tasty recipes by showing a little support... moral support is more than appreciated too. Until later. Love, Peace, and Candy Grease.




No comments:

Post a Comment